Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Try this quick 8 minute Cardio Workout! (NFB) Not For Beginners

I get very busy at my business training clients all day and handling all of the "other" things that go along with operating a business. Because of that I dont always have time to workout like i'd like to. I have recently been experimenting with working out 2-3 times a day but in much shorter segments instead of doing everything all at 1 time. A typical day may look something like this:

Am session: Metabolic circuits/Interval Training
Noon session: Weights (focus on the major lifts i'd like to get in). Basically I get my heavy lifting in then.
Pm session. Small points and additional cardio. I usually work the shoulders, arms & calves and get some additional rope jumping, some box jumps or finish something I was not able to finish during the morning session.

Each workout lasts approx 10-25 minutes long and is jam packed with exercising. I usually have a session or something coming up and dont have time to mess around. So these sessions are straight to the point.

Well today I experimented with a Treadmill pyramid that I wanted to share with you today. It only takes about 8 minutes and it goes like this:



Treadmill incline 6:
Speed 7.0mph - sprint 30 seconds rest 30 seconds
Speed 7.5mph - sprint 25 seconds rest 25 seconds
Speed 8.0mph - sprint 20 seconds rest 20 seconds
Speed 8.5mph - sprint 15 seconds rest 15 seconds          
Speed 9.0mph - sprint 10 seconds rest 10 seconds
Speed 9.5mph - sprint 10 seconds rest 15 seconds
Speed 9.0mph - sprint 10 seconds rest 20 seconds
Speed 8.5mph - sprint 15 seconds rest 25 seconds
Speed 8.0mph - sprint 20 seconds rest 30 seconds
Speed 7.5mph - sprint 25 seconds rest 35 seconds
Speed 7.0mph - sprint 30 seconds rest -



Get your heart rate wait 2 minutes and repeat! Haha...if you dare!

If you dont have a treadmill im sure there are other thing you can substitute for the treadmill. Be creative. There are prowlers, tires, kettle bells, burpee's & or regular sprints on a field you can all substitute in for the treadmill. I happen to have one so I use it!

Caution!! If you are not in decent shape please DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS! You will end up like this!


Or this:


And may possibly need this:

So be careful!



P.S. I will post the rest of the day's workout when I am finished with the entire week. Thanks now go train!

Get Strong Be Explosive!

No comments: